MinneyMe

David, Ashlee and Me

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Haven't blogged in a long time...

December came and went very quickly. All that online shopping for Christmas presents, and all that unwrapping of Christmas presents (for Huey) - too much hard work! Hehe.

David was off work for the second half of December, so we got to spend a LOT of family time together, which was so nice. I never realised how isolated I felt when I was at home on my own with Huey normally. I do go out nearly everyday for baby groups, but it is not quite the same to be able to spend some quality time as a family.

Oh, I managed to give Huey ANOTHER nasty cold. We both had high fever for three days! We were up north in York to see David's friend and his new baby but we didn't leave the hotel room the whole day, and only dropped off the presents we got for the baby and came straight back home the next day. Poor David drove for 4 hours each way for nothing...

Huey lost some weight due to the fever and it took us more than a week to get the breastfeeding back on track. Urgh... I really don't like breastfeeding, but I feel that it is my responsibility as a mother to provide what is best for Huey and breastfeeding apparently is IT. I know I shouldn't and needn't feel this way but I do. It still hurts by the way. Sigh...

Huey is now outgrowing his 0-3 months clothes. He is on the small side, weighing only 5.6kg at 14+ weeks. So we did get our money's worth from the clothes we got for him! We (ok, I) got a bit carried away at NEXT sale and bought a whole new 3-6 months wardrobe for Huey, forgetting that we already had loads in the cupboard - bought before he was born and gifts from friends. Now he's got too many. But I wonder if GAP is doing good deals?

It's a little late now, but hope everyone had a lovely Christmas/Holiday. Happy 2009!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger MizNS said...

Huey is so cute!!!! He looks all set for CNY in the red garb (even though it's for Xmas).

BTW, is his hair red? Or blonde? Doesn't look as black as it was in his 'younger' photos.

Anyway, when are you coming back exactly? G kept mentioning soon, and even she's not sure.

Can't wait to see you guys!!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Sonicstarburst said...

Hellooo.....

I know how you feel about being alone with baby! Yah, when are you coming back exactly???

12:24 PM  
Blogger minneyme said...

No, his hair's dark brown. Not much different to mine. It seems to be getting lighter by the day though!

Will be back next Sat! Wayhay! Can't wait!!!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home