MinneyMe

David, Ashlee and Me

Friday, February 02, 2007

Turning 30 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No tears or sulking. Just another birthday really. Guess it is not bad at all that David's birthday is a day after mine... yes, that means that there is always one day in the year that I am a year older than him!

We agreed that we were not going to spend too much for birthday pressies. So we got token pressies for each other and splurged on a dinner at michelin-starred Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's. It was really quite a posh place, so we were so glad we actually dressed up for it.

I had roast duck foie gras for starters, lamb for main and chocolate fondant for dessert. Now, this may sound silly, but I am not exaggerating... I had tears in my eyes when I was having the fondant. That IS the best dessert I've ever had in my entire life. Even now, just thinking about it makes me salivate...

David had scallops, monk fish and cinnamon creme brulee. He wasn't that impressed with his main though (goodness knows why he chose fish when he is not a fish person at all).

We read somewhere that OXO Tower Restaurant is consistently voted the most overpriced and overrated restaurant in London. We went there for our 1st anniversary last July, and honestly, cross my heart, the food was really really good! Considering that it is substantially cheaper than Claridge's, and not proportionally lower in standard, OXO is not bad at all...

We also went down to the pub for a Sunday roast with David's family on his birthday. His parents got us a cake... very sweet of them. And look what we've done with the birthday balloons Josh's parents got for us.


2 Comments:

Blogger Sonicstarburst said...

Gordon Ramsay's....wooooooooo....I'm salivating already!Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! MUAKS!!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger minneyme said...

Hehe... it was very very nice. When, and if, you come visit, maybe we can go lunch at one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants. Hehe, lunch much cheaper than dinner! :)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home